Thursday, October 2, 2008

relationships

some things lately have made me think a lot about relationships ....

working at a place where everything is centered on building healthy supportive relationships-i go to work and try to get my mind half way wrapped around this concept of affronting relational, emotional, and material poverty through building relationships with people who will walk through life with them ... all quite thought provoking

moving in a place away from all close relationships i've had-there's a void that hasn't been like "oh i'll see you after the break or when i get back, etc"... when i came to college i didn't value relationships at all ... i was to full of fear of failure so after leaving high school it wasn't really good bye

spending more time looking at facebook pics of people i know and love ... oh too much free time can be crazy-i can look back and see how God has grown me and how people have intersected my life and how i have intersected theirs ... makes me want to speed the process of relationship building here

earlier this week i had this deep feeling ... it's a feeling i've felt before, but not recently ... homesickness-it was a deep longing to see my parents and my grandparents and my aunts ...people i know and love and people i who know and love me and people i want to know and love more



so it's good to know God is changing me ... and even better to know He's not stopping placing people in my life...i look forward to seeing relationships unfold in my life. each one is different and unique and a gift from God

No comments: