Sunday, September 21, 2008

good thing He is faithful when i am not

i was walking home from the ymca to see if i can get some financial aid to assist my purchasing of a membership when a guy drew me in for a yard sale. i met ricky and samantha. i was excited to tell him he had the same name as my dad ... and he thought we could be next to kin because of it. the family resemblance was just amazing ... other than my whiteness. i really liked them ... even though it was a short conversation. i noticed his shirt though ... which i never really do. it had something about y2k and jesus. instantly i was curious ... does he really believe jesus or did he just get this cheap shirt somewhere? what does he know of jesus? but .................... i just went on talking about lameo stuff...shallow and surfacey. what causes that? what fear do i have? he offered to walk me home and bjo would be proud that i turned him down. as i was walking home i began to pray and beg God that i would see them again and be able to talk to them. today joleen came into my room and asked me to pray for some stuff. it kinda shocked me that she would ask me to pray, but it was kinda cool too. in church today i wrote on the side of my sermon notes "i suck at living missionally." the good news is ... He loves me and has grace for me and is transforming me and His kingdom will come whether i "mess it up" or not. as He teaches me more about the beauty of the gospel and the goodness of the good news i am understanding this whole thing about sharing it a little bit more.

No comments: