Saturday, September 20, 2008

when they say Jesus is the only way .... they mean it

an amazing thing just happened... my mind was racing and sin was consuming me and wearing me out and overwhelming me ... and i was like how do i make it stop!?!? ... just believe already! and by God's grace i started choosing to believe truth. truth that he washes me clean. totally clean. and there's no other way ... but oh how great and beautiful it is that he washes me clean. i pictured Jesus washing my feet (i don't know why i just did)...and thinking oh how i don't deserve this but thank you so much. ususally the "oh i don't deserve it" is so overpowering that i miss the "oh thank you so much." i tasted joy. thank you for the gospel. thank you that sin doesn't have to hold me down. what joy is found at the foot of the cross! ... but not just me sitting there weeping .. but having Jesus with me, saving me, cleansing me, assuring me there is nothing to worry about and i am still loved ... and that i have nothing to prove. i don't have to prove i can cook ... so it's okay to bring sandwiches to mc. i don't have to prove i have it all figured out cuz i don't have it figured out (and no one else does either), but God does. there's only one way to escape condemnation! so why keep fighting? instead of drink it up? oh i want to taste the beauty of the gospel again and again.

No comments: