Saturday, September 20, 2008

sanctification is truly by grace alone

ideas are flying, so much for sleep ... i imagine myself as a small child. my parent gets me all dressed and cleaned up and the moment i walk out the door i fall and scrape my knee and get my nice clean outfit all dirty. He doesn't get mad ... He picks me up and washes me off. It feels good to be rid of all the dirt, but the little pieces of dirt and pebbles stuck in my knee hurt as He takes them out ... and it stings as He washes the wounds...and healing takes time. but it's all out of love. He'll patiently take care of everything ... even if it has to hurt a little ... even if i fall again ... even if i fight Him because it hurts

some things seem so elementary ... and yet i can have joy that He is teaching me at all. no matter when it happens ... and i can be assured that it's not by my own knowledge and study skills, but by God transforming my heart and mind, that i am understanding little by little this gospel that i probably will never fully comprehend until i see Him face to face.

No comments: